Wednesday, August 21, 2019

COMMUNIST PERSECUTION


INSTEAD of TODAY'S entry, just below, and, above, I thought to BEGIN, rather than end, by way of introduction, commentary, with a 1947 MOVIE entitled:
"The Boy with Green Hair" by a then young director Joseph Losey.
I take a minute to explain WHY I bother with this movie. 
BY CHANCE, I HAPPENED to see it ONLY RECENTLY, within the last few months.
I knew NOTHING, absolutely nothing, about it previously.
BUT, the reason I decided to watch it is/was because director Joseph Losey made some very excellent films, a FRENCH one titled, "Mr. Klein," which I DID see some time ago AND because I KNEW Losey was blacklisted during the 1950s HUAC, US House Unamerican Activities Committee, anti-Communist witch hunts, purges, led by then demagogue Senator Joseph McCarthy subsequent to infamous 1947 National Security Act, i.e., a codified, institutionalized, NAZI (National "In" Security Agency/ies) Deep, unelected, permanent government, STATE, apparatus.

Losey subsequently expatriated to Europe.

So, I was CURIOUS to see Losey's very early film, prior to blacklisting and considerably before Mr.Klein.
I am NOT a movie critic, I am NOT analyzing this film, but, MY reaction, approximately, the first half or so of the film seemed TO ME not particularly fascinating, rather mundane, and, I could see NO reason why he would be blacklisted.  
I was NOT impressed.
NONETHELESS, I forced myself to watch it further, in its entirety, again, for above reason/s.
THEN, not exact, approximate timing, ABOUT half way into the movie ONE SCENE, in particular, stood out, emotionally gut wrenching, STUNNING, a shocking surprise, memorable, AND, then I understood WHY he was blacklisted.
Circumstances, year, timing, content, presentation, critical, important.
So, here's the film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixtLMJH5hWo


Fast forward to the present.
Demonstrations, protests, in LINK below, are NOT advertised HERE for obvious reason.
But, I DID warn everyone for a LONG time now that a nearby geographical swirling NAZI IRAN Mideast/Iraq/Syria VORTEX, hostile occupation, ethnic cleansing, refugees, exiles, to suck in everyone and everything around it/them, including Capitalist China's BELT AND ROAD initiative on which ALL hopefully hang themselves together:

https://inter.kke.gr/en/articles/All-anti-communist-prosecutions-must-stop/

FOOTNOTE to above:

https://news.yahoo.com/putin-macron-spar-over-yellow-vest-protests-184904832.html

Finally, as promised in MY previous post/s, reminder:

http://karlmarxwasright2.blogspot.com/2009/01/what-we-will-and-will-not-get.html

AND:

https://karlmarxwasright2.blogspot.com/2019/08/war-before-or-after-2020-us-s-election.html


No comments: