Friday, August 10, 2012

SKEWED SURVEY, PROPAGANDA


I decided to share this anecdote as examplary entertainment for those living in NAZI occupied Alice in Wonderland Through a Looking Glass Darkly DICTATORSHIP.

Ironically, last night, I received an AUTOMATED phone call from one or another business presumably claiming to do independent Presidential election surveys, polls.
It does not matter WHO they are/were.
They are exemplary.

Only 4 or 5 questions asked, for which one answered by pressing either a Yes or No response, #1 or 2 digits, on my telephone dial.

First, sex--that is, female or male.
Then, age group--again, 4 or 5 categories from which to choose.
Next, do you consider yourself, registered as, Democrat, Republican OR Independent.
I pressed an allocated number for Independent.

Here comes the GOOD part.
Next question; are you more likely to vote Obooma or Romney.
NO OTHER CHOICE GIVEN, DESPITE THE FACT I PRESSED INDEPENDENT.
I waited awhile to see IF something else would happen after NOT pressing either button.
NOTHING ELSE HAPPENED.
Same message/question repeated ad infinitum.

I then concluded IF I wanted to find out what was the last question, then, I would be FORCED to press one or another digit, or, most likely, I would simply be cut off, since this survey is/was AUTOMATED--no live human being at the opposite end.
A Hobson's dilemma.
I will not tell you which one I pressed IN ORDER TO GET TO THE LAST QUESTION.

The last question being, words to the effect, more or less, Do you approve of Obooma?
Again, Yes or No.

As for OBJECTIVE, INDEPENDENT, voting polls, you can see for yourselves how they work and what/whom they represent, reflect.
One more comedy, farce, added to a very long list.

No comments: