Sunday, February 12, 2012

GREECE AND MANOLIS GLEZOS

"...Breathing heavily due to the excessive use of tear gas, left politician Manolis Glezos, 89, said “these measures will not pass.” Sharply criticizing the firing of tear gas, Glezos said further “With this brutality… they inside [the parliament], they will vote for the measures? They have no idea what it means when the people revolt. There is no way, they will pass the measures.”

EXCERPT ABOVE FROM:

HERE

http://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/2012/02/12/veteran-politician-glezos-89-amid-tear-gas-these-measures-will-not-pass/

Although SO MUCH transpires in Greece at the moment, I want to emphasize, draw attention to, RENOWNED GREEK HISTORICAL FIGURE MANOLIS GLEZOS BECAUSE I featured GLEZOS and Greek events in earlier posts beginning 2008.
I link below to one of the very first posts I did regarding GLEZOS and Greek events as reminder.
ONCE AGAIN, I want to thank (to me) anonymous INDIVIDUAL sources who managed to take time and effort on their OWN initiative to do ENGLISH language reports, translations, way back, featuring such SIGNIFICANT events and people as Glezos.
I could NEVER do anything without them, since I am unable to read primary Greek language sources.
You can update, read, other information for yourselves from the same CURRENT blogs, websites, I NOW use, instead:

FROM 2008, and, I assume, a now defunct source:

HERE

http://karlmarxwasright2.blogspot.com/2008/12/greece-and-m-glezos.html

AND:

HERE

http://karlmarxwasright2.blogspot.com/2011/10/add-one-more-to-my-earlier-post.html

No comments: