Tuesday, July 21, 2009

"SIT DOWN YOU'RE ROCKING THE BOAT"


Now, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, in this, our worldwide courtroom, I present for you the following evidence as to why I describe this country with a well deserved epithet as the GREATEST United Suckers and Assholes on planet earth.

Please, watch the following two VERY, VERY SHORT videos, only a few minutes in duration, each, in which our lone, Quixotic, SINGLE, single-payer health care insurance advocate rises in a room filled audience to shout out about single payer and its lack of inclusion in the discussion.
And, then, the following audience response.
A little footnote, caveat.
HOW the following two TOWN hall audiences were selected, I do not know.
I do not know IF they randomly self-selected themselves OR attended because they are/were invited Democratic operatives and/or collaborative union people.

So, with that brief introduction, no more said.
Again, simply watch the 2 videos provided in both links:

http://www.singlepayeraction.org/blog/?p=1191

And:

http://www.singlepayeraction.org/blog/?p=1196

And, now, Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury and international courtroom, I rest my case.

However, before departing from this post to decide your verdict, guilty or not of being the GREATEST United Suckers and Assholes citizens on planet earth, I will submit to you just one more little piece of evidence, a REVIVED rendition and different version of a tune from an old Broadway show, Guys and Dolls, of which the above reminded me, hence, my heading.
For those not particularly enamored of Carol Channing, as I am not, you have only to live with her VERY BRIEF introduction following:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XE-vFyGKu0&feature=related

With the above, I rest my case. You can depart this post, deliberate in quiet and judge for yourselves.
Depending on the outcome of your verdict, you now have an appropriate tune you can whistle, hum or sing as a reminder to accompany any further discussion or thoughts about the world's GREATEST United Suckers and Assholes country on planet earth.

No comments: