Monday, December 8, 2008

THE CURIOUS CASE OF THE MISSING LINK, SHAHZAD & AZIZ, "SELL, SELL, SELL IN PAKISTAN"


In a previous post, I noted all of the many links I have utilized from the Turkish Daily News disappeared.
Indeed,the TDN, itself, disappeared, along with all their previous articles and links, apparently.


There's another very curious missing link to me, in addition to the TDN.

In previous blogs, I linked to an article published June 10, 2005, in the Asia Times, entitled, "Sell, Sell, Sell in Pakistan."
The article was co-written by Syed Saleem Shahzad and Sajid Aziz.

I reproduced my previous blog entry from May, 2006, in which I referred to the above link on my present blog.
You will see it noted here, AND, you will notice the ATimes link to the preceding article does NOT work:


http://karlmarxwasright2.blogspot.com/2008/11/from-may-2006-abraaj-jafar-dana-gas.html

I am mystified by the cause or reason for this particular missing link because, so far, every other previous ATimes link I try DOES work and ATimes is still very much alive and well and kicking and in existence.

FURTHERMORE, at least one of the authors of the above article/link is NOT a slouchy fellow.
Here's a thumbnail sketch of Syed Saleem Shahzad's bio, or, credentials/connections:


httwikipedia.org/wiki/Syed_Saleem_Shahzadp://en.

And, just to be sure it was not a fluke, I did NUMEROUS other searches both on the ATimes website, itself, other search engines, under the article heading AND under the name of the authors.

Again, I found the link, but, the link NEVER worked.

So, I would really like to know why this particular article has vanished from public archives and a request to have it reproduced in full for reference purposes.

The closest I came in content matter to the above while doing some searches through the ATimes website, was the following article about Pakistan privatization and the UAE again from 2005:

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/South_Asia/GF24Df01.html

But, although itself very interesting, this is not the correct article.

Consider this brief blog entry to be an open, public question and letter to the Atimes to solve the case of the mysterious missing link.

A seemingly simple thing to do.

No comments: